Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My career results

                The results I got on the internet survey were centered on Arts & Investigation. I scored a seventeen in Artistic and eleven in Investigative. My lowest was social. I find this relevant to my ideal area of study in the future. On the second survey, I scored highest in Arts, Mechanical, and Information Technology. The highest of the three was Arts. My lowest of this survey was Government. I think that the surveys ended with matching results. I do plan to work with computers in the future, like designing and running web sites. So the clusters would between Arts and information Tech.

Job Description: Authors, writers, and editors produce a variety of written materials in an increasing number of ways. They develop content using any number of multimedia formats that can be read, listened to, or viewed on screen. Many people write as part of their job, or on online chats or blogs, only writers and editors who are paid to primarily write or edit are included in this occupation.
Job Outlook:  It is expected to grow 8%, average for most occupations from 2008 to 2018. Online publications and services are growing in number and sophistication, making the demand for authors, writers, and editors, especially those with Web or multimedia experience needed.
Training and Education: Bachelor’s degree is typically needed or higher for a job as an author, writer, or editor. Because writing skills are essential in this occupation, people are more likely to hire people with degrees in communications, journalism, or English, but those with other backgrounds and who can demonstrate good writing skills may also find jobs as writers. If they have enough experience, the absence of a degree may not be regarded.
How much will I make: Authors, writers, and editors: Currently $28,020 to $106,630
Freelance writers earn income from their articles, books, and less commonly, television and movie scripts.
Do I need to relocate? Most likely not, as long as the resources are near and accessible.
College:  At the University of North Alabama the cost is $228.00 per enrolled hour (if you are an Alabama resident.) Plus more because of the fees added to that amount.
It states it’s a relatively low cost.
Courses:  English, Language Arts, Professional Writing.


I wrote this =w=b

No comments:

Post a Comment